Saturday 6 April 2013

Prima BAP

Hello Hello :) Well, it's saturday night here and I guess I should be doing something exciting and/or social, instead I am in my pj's shuffling scrappy stuff around my desk. And I have to admit quite happy doing so. Anyone else becoming a recluse with their scrap supplies?

So anyway, popping in to share a layout I have done for the April Prima BAP. Really loved this sketch, kind of grungy so it really jumped out at me...





So I brought some Mica flakes this week and was staring at them intently waiting for them to tell me what to do with them. When it occurred to me how cool they would look like little rust flakes falling from a rusty hinge.

Darling husband and hoarder of all things remotely blokey didn't have one after I trashed searched his shed. So...I drove an hour to our local refuse centre, spent another hour sifting through large piles of junk, covered head to toe in dirt and paid $2 for found rusty hinge, before driving the hour back home again.

When recounting my day to hubbie and the look on his face at the length I went to get this damn hinge for a layout...well I thought 'Unhinged' would make a perfect title!!

Products Used:
Paper Stories Prima 'Love Of A Lifetime Kit' ( Lifetime & Engraver papers)
Prima Marketing Junkyard Findings Typo Bulbs
Prima Marketing - Lifetime Flowers Multi Pack
Prima Marketing - Romance Novel Stamp
Prima Marketing - Say It In Crystals #511339 & 551377
Luminarte Twinkling H20's - African Jade & Pewter
Gesso
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Black Magic
Kaisercraft & Stampendous Stamps
Tim Holtz Memo Pin
Grungeboard
Vintage Crochet Cotton
Coffee
Mica Flakes
Expensive Rusty Hinge

Thanks for stopping by!!
Georgia xox

24 comments:

  1. You're amazing Georgia, I love the layout and your (expensive) hinge looks great and what a very fitting title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Georgia, I love your layouts! They are so much expression and emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What better way to spend saturday evening with scrapping? I am doing that to just now.
    Love the story behind the rusty hinge, and can imagine the face at my husband if I did the same thing....probaly the same look as yours ;)
    It really became great with the hinge and the Mica flakes. I don`t know what that is, but I like it :)
    I am going to a scrapbooking weekend next week, and I will definetely se your work as an ispiration:)
    Thanks alot for coments in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on Georgia! I can't take it any more. :) When are you going to teach us how you produce these over the top creative pages? You are someone I would love to see design for Prima.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this mica too, great take on the sketch, so airy and light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Love that hinge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story of going to buy the hinge.. that is too funny and I could see myself doing the same thing!! There is nothing I love more than hanging out in my pj's scrapping.. we all must be scrappy recluses!! I love your project and I'm a huge fan of your style. Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtakingly beautiful page. I am so in awe of your layering from the mediums you use to the papers and other elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! the lengths we go though as scrappers to achieve those AMAZING pages.... LOL!
    I say it was WELL worth it... Your layout is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah we are all desperate like that lol looks amazing . Love the colours here and the white space with the random colour of the flakes and paint looks stunning. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant story, wonderfully recounted and your page is just stunning..I love the sheer amount of layering on here. Clever title!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heehee...hope you journaled that somewhere...otherwise we might all be getting worried:):):) love it!!!! Just got my new SBM & am enjoying you in that, too!!!!?
    Sat night? Playing Rumikub with the kid lets.....who have now left for home inQLD...gotta restock the pantry then I'm gonna be super inhospitable & stay in my scrap room for, like, EVA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...simply stunning layout! Love your colours & background...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply amazing!!! and its beautiful Georgia... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the things we do for our layouts, huh? Too funny...so glad I came to your blog to see what the "unhinged" title was about, lol...Georgia has gone off the rails :) Anyway, nothing short of amazing, this page, I am stunned at the creative idea for the mica flakes..awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Georgia! HAHA! Your humor reminds me of someone I know- me!

    Another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant Art, rusty hinge and all. The story is just as interesting as the stunning page :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous layout. Love the colours and those mica flakes! Great story too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hinge story and subsequent title made me lol. I too am very happy sitting in my pjs in my scrap room. Your page is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The story of the hinge makes perfect sense to me, see how it is perfect on the layout... and this layout is stunning.. really in awe of your style.. brilliantly created...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What an awesome lo! Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete